Thursday, March 5, 2009

If it's Thursday, it's art


Today is a wonderful springtime day in Brenham, Texas. Brenham is often referred to as "half way between Houston and Austin", but we think Houston and Austin are each an hour from Brenham! There's so much to do, and not do, in our beautiful town. This is a photo of my pretty French inspired study from which I blog.

The Texas bluebonnets are starting to put on their show. Some folks have said "no bluebonnets cause of the drought" but that is not the case here. A few Indian Paintbrush are rearing their heads as well. We are looking forward to friends joining us in our guest cottage soon. Bluebonnets are meant to be shared.

Thursday is my painting day with friends at the Brenham Fine Arts Guild. We gather in a historic building in town and share techniques, but mostly friendship. I am very lucky to live in two artist communities - Brenham, Texas and Lewes, DE. It's nice to share ideas with friends from both places. When I tire of painting ocean scenes in the summer/fall, I come to Texas and enjoy expansive landscapes and skies.

Life is indeed good!

No comments:

Post a Comment